The Suspension Upgrade Package B for Sprinters includes front and rear progressive SumoSprings made from micro-cellular urethane, a 1.5 inch rear sway bar*, and Koni FSD rear shocks (2002 to 2006 early body Sprinters will come with the rear Heavy Track Koni).
The Suspension Upgrade Package B for Sprinters is a variation of the popular Suspension Package A.
The Suspension Package B includes front SumoSprings instead of front Koni struts. We have found that if you are the owner of a new Sprinter or RV with low miles, you may be hesitant to replace the front struts based on their cost. By deleting the front struts from the Package A and adding the front SumoSprings instead, you will have a great performing package at reduced cost and labor, saving you up to $775.00.
The Suspension Upgrade Package B includes all top brand names in suspension performance. All three major areas of your Sprinter suspension are addressed, creating a great balanced package. Also, every item in this suspension package is direct fit with minimal labor involved and no drilling or other major modifications.
The Sumo Springs are an airless air bag system that work with your factory spring by adding load assist. They are similar to a conventional air bag system but manufactured with closed cell urethane which creates thousands of small air bags within the unit. These are maintenance free, durable, and soft riding.
The rear Koni FSD is a frequency sensing dampener that will automatically adjust according to road conditions, without electronics. On early body 2003 to 2006, the rears are the manually adjustable Koni and not the FSD.
The sway bar is the largest direct fit aftermarket replacement bar in the industry made by Hellwig. Hellwig has a long history in suspension upgrades and suspension performance.
We are getting great feedback on this combination, and the value cannot be beat. You can always add the front Konis later, after you have put some miles on the factory struts.
This suspension upgrade really addresses a wide range of improvements. Whether you have a Winnebago View, Itasca Navion, Era, Reyo, Airstream, Roadtrek, or any other Sprinter based Class C, Cab Chassis, or 3500 van chassis, we have you covered. Enjoy a more relaxed ride and surer feel. This is a great suspension package at a budget price and can improve many handling characteristics.
- Never Exceed Gross Vehicle Weight Rating
- Now available for the 2019 and 2020 VS30
- Vans converted to an Airstream should call
- Koni FSD's are now red in color
- Improves ride and handling
- Reduces side to side wobble
- Can help reduce porpoising
- Reduces wind drift
- Reduces side to side sway in and out of driveways
- Better cornering and road control
- Can help reduce hard bottoming in the rear with fully loaded vehicles; however your best gains will be in rocking and sway reduction
- Less driver fatigue
- Reduces the seasick feel
- We can recommend installers in your area and ship nation wide. Please call or email for more information. Delivery time can vary from 1 to 3 weeks
- Shipping is around $80.00 to $100 roughly for the lower 48
- Professional installation is always recommended
- Read all manufacturers recommendations and warnings
- All warranties are manufacturers warranties
Note: Good load rated tires like the Michelin LTX (superseded by Agilis® CrossClimate®) are also a great tool to improve handling on Sprinters. Tire pressures are another factor that come into play; by adjusting the pressures up or down, you can soften or firm the ride to some degree. Check manufactures' recommendations and adjust accordingly.
Clear instructions are included, and full tech support is always offered. Call anytime with questions or orders 971-678-5940.
Remember, when you buy from Sprinter Upgrades, we offer continuing tech support while you are on the road, with any Sprinter question anytime. We are here to help get you where you need to go.